Thursday, June 17, 2010

American medical student considering quitting and expatriating to Singapore--job prospects?

I%26#039;m a 2nd year (out of 4) med student in the USA who is unhappy in medicine and considering quitting. I have had recurrent doubts about medicine but thus far suppressed them. I graduated college with a major in Economics +Business minor and have a pretty strong academic record. But I%26#039;m lacking meaningful work experience as it hasn%26#039;t been required of me for my current path.



I%26#039;m interested in the banking and finance industry and wondering how the job market in Sg is. Especially considering that I have no ties with the place and will be completely uprooting myself to go there. In a few years I am interested in schooling at INSEAD. I took the GMAT and scored 740 last year. I am open to remaining in Sg long term and would like to begin learning Mandarin right away. I am Indian and have heard Sg has a sizeable Indian community. But I%26#039;m fond of East Asian peoples and girls and don%26#039;t plan to isolate myself with Indians.



So I am serious about this, please give thoughtful answers? Thx



American medical student considering quitting and expatriating to Singapore--job prospects?

Singapore is great, Asia for beginners, get on the expat sites and also have a look at the job sites there, all the big players are there, and the tax rate is about 10% - how good%26#039;s that!

No comments:

Post a Comment