Thursday, June 17, 2010

Should I use a student loan (subsidized) to pay off Credit Card debt? PLEASE HELP!?

I have about $22,000 in credit card debt right now, although, I am a grad student, with a little over a year left to go. I%26#039;m wondering if I should just get a student loan for this amount to cover my credit card debt so it%26#039;s not such a burden now?



I only work part time and right now, am just barely able to stay afloat after finance charges, other expenses, plus school limiting my time to pay down the balance. I only make minimum payments or just around there, though I%26#039;ve never been late.



I%26#039;m very scared of my credit score being lowered even further because of my debt to income ratio and I do qualify for a subsidized loan because I am low-income.



Problem is, my fiance doesn%26#039;t think it%26#039;s smart to get a student loan to pay off my credit cards. He says it will be %26quot;robbing peter to pay paul%26quot; and that I should just continue paying it this way so I don%26#039;t take out more debt. Is this true? I%26#039;m really just transferring (not to mention deferring) the debt, right? PLEASE HELP! I%26#039;m desperate!



Should I use a student loan (subsidized) to pay off Credit Card debt? PLEASE HELP!?

If they find out through your school you arent using it for education purposes you might get in trouble. You can opt for a personal loan. How you could get in that much credit card debt witthout thinking of the consequences is beyond my understanding but good luck to you.



EDIT- Well I guess you could use it for that I tried getting a student loan to pay off cc debt plus some classes but after the school found out I did not use my money for educational purposes together I got a higher interest rate that seemed almost illegal. Did you talk to your creditors? Maybe you should tell them your situation. Try getting a loan but read all the fine print. Maybe you could get a debt consolidation loan. I am having a hard time with debt too.



Should I use a student loan (subsidized) to pay off Credit Card debt? PLEASE HELP!?

Your fiance is right. You need to learn how to manage credit. You have two choices right now: earn more and spend less.



Call the credit card companies and negotiate lower fees: it helps if you can tell them you%26#039;re being offered cards with lower rates, or figure out your lowest rate and ask the other cards to match it. Figure out how much you%26#039;re spending each week and then figure out ways to cut back. Sell stuff you can sell. Get another job. Try very hard to make more than the minimum payment. And vow NEVER to get in this trouble again.



Learn everything you can about how to save money and be frugal.



Should I use a student loan (subsidized) to pay off Credit Card debt? PLEASE HELP!?

Hello,



My names are lisa cave i live in united state of america i work in an industried i have two kids and i am christan,the good news here is that i get my loan from Mr daniel walters i have been scamm before until i met mr daniel walters then my case was over.therefore, i advise every one to get there loan from mr daniel walters is a nice man.you can reach him at.Email: danielwalters_agency01@yahoo.com



He is a Private Loan Officer for the above named company and he can be of Help to you. He can help you get the loan you require. His Interest rate of 0.4% is fair enough.



Mr daniel walters



Tel;447045769629

No comments:

Post a Comment