Thursday, June 17, 2010

Best way for a student to enter an investing firm?

Hi I%26#039;m currently an Economics major and would like to spend my career somewhere in the Finance world. Ideally, I%26#039;d like to work in the stock market, or a hedge fund. I%26#039;m wondering what kinds of openings would be available for a summer job as a student and upon graduation. What skills and education do the companies look for, and how can I best use my Economics degree? Thanks



Best way for a student to enter an investing firm?

Check with several of the brokerage firms in your area to see if they use college interns for anything and get a foot in the door that way. Communication skills are really all that are necessary to work for most if not all brokerage firms. They%26#039;ll educate you on the finer points of the securities industry (the stuff you won%26#039;t learn in school) for your license. PEACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment