Thursday, June 17, 2010

How to get into the finance department?

Hello guys, thank you for all you that are reading my post. I have good education, or should I say..very well prepared..Loaded with a bachelor degree in business, specialized courses in corporate finance at Berkeley, and a master degree in management at a small college (Aquinas College) in Grand rapids, Michigan.I would like to get a job in accounting or finance department (credit analyst,underwriter, a/p, a/r, or any related to my field). The problem is that my experience is on sales (yeah..many years) Now I am trying to make that change..but no luck. Always get offers from insurance companies to sell their products, or any other sales position) I used to work in a bank as a personal banker and I did not like it. I tried to work in the underwriter dept but nothing.. I am fully bilingual and I don%26#039;t want to study something else (I have $40,000 in student loans already). But if there is something that you can study for a short period of time that guarantee me a job I will do it.



thanks!



How to get into the finance department?

You do not need more schooling. You already know enough about finance from your business degree. Just keep applying and stress that you have the knowledge, can learn their systems quickly and the sales experience means you are very good at the customer service aspect. Also don%26#039;t forget to network. 85% of jobs are never advertised they are filled by word of mouth. Join some clubs, leagues or organizations that may have people who work in these type of businesses.



How to get into the finance department?

That would be tough since you don%26#039;t have the experience. You%26#039;ll need to find someone that%26#039;ll hire you with no experience. Usually when I hire someone I%26#039;m only looking for similar experience. But don%26#039;t let that get to you. If I were you, I%26#039;d call the manager or HR department that does the hiring and ask them what the qualifications are for the job. If you don%26#039;t meet the qualifications then ask them for advice on how to get into that coming leading up to a job in the finance deparment.

No comments:

Post a Comment