Thursday, June 17, 2010

**resume help please- nontraditional student reentering workforce w career change*?

i am redoing my resume for on campus recruiting.



some pertinent information-



associate degree in pre-engineering plus 5 years engineering support experience.



return to school for business- some business management experience and finance internship.



i have a 2 page resume. I was always told to keep it to one page.



EVERYTHING on my resume seems pertinent to showcasing my assets/skills.



format-



for current students- aren%26#039;t i supposed to list academics before experience?



HOWEVER, i am a nontraditional student with lots of great work experience- albeit not DIRECTLY related to field i am hoping to pursue.



want to nail the job of my dreams before December graduation!



monster.com sample resumes are making me MORE confused!



I will be able to seek assistance at career development office next week, but resume deadline is tomorrow for very dreamy job.



**resume help please- nontraditional student reentering workforce w career change*?

Rule of thumb, unless the work experience is EXACTLY what the employer is looking for, put it second to your degrees and coursework.



Try these:



http://jobsearch.about.com/od/resumes/l/...



http://jobsearch.about.com/od/resumes/l/...



Here%26#039;s the main page that has a lot of samples;



http://jobsearch.about.com/od/teenstuden...



**resume help please- nontraditional student reentering workforce w career change*?

I agree with the above answer. Only highlight what is relevant to the job. Of course you want to list your experience, but only go back ten years. Your cover letter can include your previous experience....for example %26quot;In addition to my experience in XXXX, I have been in the workforce for XXX years in the fields of XXXXX.%26quot;

No comments:

Post a Comment