Thursday, June 17, 2010

International student! Can't afford US college... now what?

I got into top public colleges (Michigan, Gatech, and Illinois), but due to my international status, would not be receiving grants/scholarships from them. Is there any way I can finance my education as I really want to study here?



I%26#039;d be grateful if anyone could name good private sponsors, for example. I am an Indian student residing in UAE.



International student! Can%26#039;t afford US college... now what?

Loans? Financial aid?



You could also check out www.fastweb.com for scholarships but they are not going to be very substantial... just a couple of hundred or thousand bucks. Your international student status doesn%26#039;t help either as quite a number of the scholarships are for Americans only.



If you%26#039;re so smart, why don%26#039;t you study in IIT in India? It%26#039;s a pretty good university and it%26#039;s world-recognised too.. and it%26#039;s in India so you%26#039;d be able to afford it.



International student! Can%26#039;t afford US college... now what?

A good way to finance college is by enrolling to be an extra in films and television. The jobs pay very well and are only part time. They have such jobs in almost every big city.

No comments:

Post a Comment