Thursday, June 17, 2010

Student loans affecting my credit score?

Hey, I am a freshman/sophomore in college paying for it all on my own...which is why I am just about 17,000 dollars in student loan debt as of right now. I have the following loans



Federal Stafford Loan 2,625



Federal Stafford UnSubsidized loan 4,000



Federal Stafford Loan 2,625



Sallie Mae Tuition Answer loan 7,500



My question is...while these are all deferred while I am in school, do they affect my credit score at all? I need to make sure my credit stays good so that I can continue to finance my education becuase the financial aid system is a joke. If having these debts sitting on my credit is damaging, then I am in jepordy of not being able to complete my college education...somone please let me know. my biggest concern is that I need to be able to get the tuition answer loan again in the future. Thank You.



Student loans affecting my credit score?

Federal student loans do not affect your credit negatively unless you are more than 30 days late or miss payments.



If you make your payments on time, they will only have a positive affect on your credit.



Student loans affecting my credit score?

Deferred Student loans do not affect your score until you start making payments (or not) after you have completed or stopped going to college. Don%26#039;t worry about them until it%26#039;s time to hit the pavement for a well paying job!

No comments:

Post a Comment