Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Can I recieve another loan/financial help if I do another totally different degree?

I am about to complete a BA (Hons) degree in graphic design at Swansea Institute in Wales. I have been recieving financial support in the form of grants and loans from Student Finance Wales throughout my course and of course will need to pay off the loans once I%26#039;m earning 鎷?5,000 or more.



However, the course has opened me up to new subjects and I am extremely interested in studying architecture. I would like to study at a different university, preferably one outside Wales, or even outside the UK. I understand that studying architecture can take a while and is usually an expensive course.



I was wondering if I am still entitled to recieve financial help if I study another degree (Architecture)?



If I am not entitled to anything, or much, then I wouldn%26#039;t be able to afford the course. If this is the case, what other options do I have?



Thank you in advance.



Can I recieve another loan/financial help if I do another totally different degree?

Once you get a degree you can%26#039;t get a student loan to do another if you graduate.



The only help you could get is a career development loan from your bank- but these are not always easy to obtain. (Have a word with your bank- student business advisor etc) You could do a part- time course- another degree or a post grad course which covers aspects of architecture. Sometimes the ERSC- economic and social research council will help with funding- check out their website.



I did a masters and had to fund it all myself- tuition fees and living expenses- but i%26#039;m glad I did it.



Can I recieve another loan/financial help if I do another totally different degree?

I believe that you can only get financial help if you go upwards in your chosen career, There are reference books for scholarships and sponcers to broaden your education, there are part time courses which you will be able to be funded, get a portfolio of work and ideas and go build them bridges, good luck



Can I recieve another loan/financial help if I do another totally different degree?

are you able to get a job in architecture with the degree that you already have? If you can do that, then your employer may pay for your course fees.

No comments:

Post a Comment