Saturday, October 31, 2009

Home students, how can I live?!?

I am starting an OU degree, I will be required to study f/t



I have just left my job and I have contacted the Student Finance people about loans etc and they don%26#039;t give you them for OU students, the OU give you a grant of 鎷?50...



That%26#039;s absolutley rubbish..



Is there any thing I can claim while studying this??



How am I supposed to live, I have bills to pay etc just like any %26quot;proper %26quot; uni student.



Part time work will not cover my outgoings.



I know I can claim housing benefit, but what about my electric and tv licence internet phone and food?!



Any ideas would be great, I cannot go to Uni f/t as I do not have the correct Q%26#039;s to get in..



This is my only option at having a decent career..



I don%26#039;t know what to do.



Home students, how can I live?!?

You might be able to get additional financial support from the OU. They can help you with e.g. internet costs. Have you tried contacting them as you might be entitled to more than you think.



http://www3.open.ac.uk/courses/about/p6_...



Home students, how can I live?!?

You will need to get a job. OU courses were designed to be studied in spare time by people who are working. My friends husband is studying for a degree with OU, he has a full time job, wife %26amp; 4 children %26amp; also runs a church group one night a week. It%26#039;s hard work but it is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment