Saturday, October 31, 2009

How do you finance a MS in the US ?

I%26#039;m a B.Tech in Electronics and Comm. student in my final year. I want to do a MS in Electrical Engg. in the US. Though i have a good GRE score and good letters of recommendation, I have only an average academic profile of 75%. So I do not think I will receive much financial aid, at least not in well ranked colleges. My parents cannot pay more than about 5-6 lacs for my MS. How do go about financing it? How do i provide a bank account statement for a college which demands 20 lacs for the 1st year ?



How do you finance a MS in the US ?

Hi man.. you made me remind of my days.. its eight years now .. i also tried for US Visa and was in same position as you are.. now follow the below steps and appear for the interview you will get the visa:



1. Try for student,s loan. They will not give it very easily but you can give a try if you know someone.



2. Get in touch with consultancy. They will help you in preparing the visa documents.



3. Ask any relative to become your sponsor and approach with his documents.



I had taken help of consultancy. But unfortunately I did not get the visa, but documents were OK.



Anyways best of luck.. but one advice to you.. give a try for visa. If you get good and if you do not get leave it and try for job in India. Don%26#039;t waste your time trying again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment