Saturday, October 31, 2009

Do you think it's more important work 2 jobs to pay off my student loans, or...?

I put this in the PERSONAL FINANCE section, but I%26#039;m not getting any satisfactory answers.



*Do you think it%26#039;s more important work 2 jobs to pay off my student loans, or...?



Work 1 part-time job %26amp; keep my medical benefits (Medicare %26amp; Medicaid)? I%26#039;m disabled with a college degree, %26amp; I%26#039;ve been looking for a job for months to try to pay off my student loans %26amp; haven%26#039;t found anything yet. My 6-month grace period is up. I need to gain some work experience %26amp; work my way towards self-sufficiency. I%26#039;m very freaked out, scared, %26amp; worried about going into default %26amp; my disability income being garnished. I REALLY DO want to pay the loans %26amp; debts that I owe. Every time I talk about getting a job, people tell me, %26quot;Well you don%26#039;t wanna lose your health insurance benefits.%26quot; I%26#039;m barely making a living off of my disability checks. $657/month, %26amp; my rent is 1/2 that much. %26amp; I also have other necessary monthly expenses. All of this causes me to be broke by the 3rd of the month. I wish I could work. But I%26#039;m too mentally disabled to work. This is a tough choice to make. I suffer OCD, anxiety, depression, %26amp; Tourette%26#039;s. I can%26#039;t focus or concentrate well on the job. What do I do?



24 minutes ago - 3 days left to answer.



Additional Details



46 seconds ago



I%26#039;m currently UNEMPLOYED, no one wants to hire me because of disability discrimination since they see my tics. Also, I don%26#039;t function well around people. I do better living alone. My family is very unsupportive, so I%26#039;m on my own.



Do you think it%26#039;s more important work 2 jobs to pay off my student loans, or...?

Have you considered talking to the student loan companies and requested a deferment or forebarance on payments since you are disabled and unemployed? They do offer it in certain circumstances. You might want to consider working for the federal, state, or local governments since they have a program to hire disabled workers. Government workers get great benefits compared to private employers. Also, there is a program for goverment workers to get their student loans forgiven. You will need to talk to the Office or Department of Vocational Rehabilitation in your area to get the necessary paperwork for qualifying for the disabled employee applications to qualify. Good luck!



Do you think it%26#039;s more important work 2 jobs to pay off my student loans, or...?

Your student loans can be put into forebearance for alot longer than you think. Especially with a disability. Communication with Sallie Mae is your best bet. If you are unemployed than you can get your loans defered for 2-3 years. I have a friend who has loans out and has been defered for the past 10 years, legally. If you are disabled than they can%26#039;t take your medicaid away. Don%26#039;t worry about that. Concentrate on defering those loans. Call them up and tell them your circumstances. Communication is the best tool.



Hope this helps and good luck.



Do you think it%26#039;s more important work 2 jobs to pay off my student loans, or...?

If you are struggling to pay off your student loan, you need to look into getting a debt consolidation quote. When you get a free online debt consolidation quote, you are also gaining a valuable evaluation of your financial situation. As part of the company%26#039;s process when%26lt;!--getting a free online debt consolidation quote, you will have to state your long and short-term financial goals and make a plan for your financial recovery which will help you to seriously consider your situation in a positive light. You will be able to review and update your financial recovery plan as necessary.



http://best-loans.awardspace.com/student...



You must make sure that you get a free debt consolidation quote from a reputable company before you take the step of getting a quote from any company. By only seeking quotes from trustworthy companies, you can be sure that the company that you do choose will be there for you when you need them--%26gt;Search online for reviews on the company閳ユ獨 service and accomplishments with their clients. As part of your research, email and call a company so you will see the quality of service that the company gives to its clients.



Do you think it%26#039;s more important work 2 jobs to pay off my student loans, or...?

Concerning your student loans, you can consolidate them now, and place the new loan into deferment. You don%26#039;t have to be employed to consolidate federal student loans and you get a fixed rate - I%26#039;d suggest FedDirect. Go to federal-direct.com. Good Luck!



Do you think it%26#039;s more important work 2 jobs to pay off my student loans, or...?

If you received financial assistance for your education through Vocational Rehab (or even if you didn%26#039;t) I think you should contact your local office and get connected with the services they have to get you employed as soon as possible. This is what they do for a living. Virtually everyone is employable, it%26#039;s just finding the right fit.



Also that was said before, you need to contact your lender and tell them your situation, they can either reduce your payments to interest only.... or defer them for a specific amount of time. Better this than let them go into default.



I%26#039;m not sure what the whole %26quot;....important to work 2 jobs to pay off my....%26quot; part of the question is, since you can%26#039;t seem to find one. But whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment