Wednesday, October 28, 2009

What is a good way for a college student to find a decent paying full-time job for the summer?

I am only a sophmore in college, but I am pretty good with a computer. I need to find a job after the spring semester ends in a few weeks. I was hoping to stay away from a retail store for once. Maybe a office job so I can stay out of the heat, but I am for labor jobs too, but they gotta pay.



I have read about college students getting good summer jobs if they go to a temporary agency. Is that really true?



If not then what would you suggest for me to look at so I may finance a nice summer vacation?



What is a good way for a college student to find a decent paying full-time job for the summer?

What you really want is an internship, with a company near you. the problem is, internships mostly go though your college%26#039;s guidance office, and usually happen in March or April. I would guess most companies have already interviewed by now.



Tomorrow: go to the guidance (or career) office of your school and ask if there are any people looking for interns in computer science.



You other option would be Monster.com for general or go to dice.com for computer stuff



Each of these options would give you a good paying internship where the employer is aware that you are only around for the summer. The Temp agency might be able to hook you up (manpower.com etc), if there is some short term project work with a company, otherwise you also may have to lie to the employer and say that you plan to stick around after the fall semester...



Safest bet: career center at you college.



luck



What is a good way for a college student to find a decent paying full-time job for the summer?

Speak to your career counselor at your school. he may know of something/have good advice for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment